Ann Janson

In Loving Memory of Ann Janson

Tuesday, June 12, 2007



Anna Pauline Janson, 5/3/1933 - 6/12/2006


JANSON, Anna

Southbury- A loving mother, devoted wife, caring grandparent and friend to all who knew her. Anna Pauline (Lapoles) Janson, 73, died Monday June 12th surrounded by loved ones in Southbury. Ann was born May 3rd, 1933 in Bridgeport. She was the Daughter of the late Robert Lapoles and Pauline (Ponlone) Lapoles. Ann was a long-time resident of Southbury retiring to Bradenton FL in 1997. Ann was a first generation American and patriot, and holder of Connecticut's largest Uncle Sam Collection. She showed her generosity with old friends and new throughout her life. Ann cherished friendships, animals, dancing, reading, cooking as well as growing tomatoes and her favorite plant, geraniums. She always delighted in the experience of living. Her Son's describe her as an extraordinarily giving, dynamic and wonderful individual.

As a modern woman and successful entrepreneur (Nutmeg Real Estate, Star Spangle Deli). Ann always put family first. Her amazing spirit and vitality touched all who knew her. We will never forget her strength and unwavering optimism.

Ann's loving spirit lives on within her beloved husband of 54 years Bob, and her three sons David and his wife Camille of Southbury, Rob of Melbourne Australia, Kurt and his wife Tina of Middlebury. Ann also has three Grandchildren Janine, David and Leif. She will be missed by her beloved sister Dorothy (Lapoles) DeGennaro and her children Dan, Lisa, and Wallace. Ann was predeceased by her daughter Karen.

A memorial service was held at Sacred Heart Church in Southbury on Friday, June 16 at 10 AM

12 Comments:

  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Rob Janson said…

    From Camelia,
    It's 1am the morning and as I sit here and think about Ann, I feel her all around me. Your tribute to her was beautiful. Dave's poem was heart felt, Kurt' s was about the youngest letting go and your Dad's came from a love that can only be fostered from being with someone 54 years. All came from a love of a women that was so much to so many of us. I loved her as a mother in law and a grandmother to my children, but most of all, I loved her as a friend. The priest at mass said that everyone that crosses ones path in life, leaves an imprint . Like footprints on wet sand. I feel Ann has left an imprint in my heart. I will miss her so much. This beautiful woman that always was there for all of us. I have learned through all my losses, never to take someone you love for granted. I am grateful that that lesson was not lost on your mother.
    Davey and Janine were lucky to have had a grandmother like her. Here essence lives in them and they are better people for it.
    She was the wind beneath all our wings.

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Rob Janson said…

    Happy Birthday Mom, sometimes I come back to this page just to say hello, and remember how wonderful you are! You always loved birthdays so much. Miss you
    Love,
    Rob

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Rob Janson said…

    I am really missing you today, wishing I could just ring you. Wish I could have been there to hold your hand while you passed.
    Love Always Rob

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Rob Janson said…

    I remember how much you liked having your birthday. Happy birthday Mom. Love Always,
    Rob

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Rob Janson said…

    Mom,
    3 years since you died, I really miss you and wish you could have met Mia, you would really love her. I think there is heaps of your spirit in her.

    Love Always,
    Rob

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Blazer said…

    Hi Mom, Happy New Year 1-11-11.

    I'll always love you. You were the best!

    Love, David

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Blazer said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Blazer said…

    Rob Janson's Poem, 1980's

    "Your Love Is Valuable-

    If every star in the sky were a diamond,
    they would be just pocket change compared to your love.

    If I were offered all the gems in England,
    I would make no trades with your love.

    If someone offered to make the clouds shed gold in exchange for your love,
    I would continue sing'n along with a smile on my face.

    The fact is I hold the biggest gem in the world it shines like the sun,
    and glistens like nothing you've ever seen it's all in your heart and you gave that gem to me.

    I Love You Mom.".

    This was from a letter I found that my brother Rob sent to my Mom in college.
    It is also speaks to how I feel about my Mom.

    It's been 5 years Mom from when you left this earth, but I still feel you with me. I will love you forever and always think about you.

    Love Your Son, David

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Rob Janson said…

    Hi Mom,
    Just sitting in the sun remembering your loving embrace.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Blazer said…

    Happy Mother's day mom.

    We all miss you and love you.

    Love David

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger Rob Janson said…

    Showing Mia your picture and sayings tonight

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger Mia Ann said…

    Happy birthday grandma. I never got to meet you, but I miss you. My dad talks about you a lot. You raised him well. I am so grateful to have him as my father. My middle name is ann, to remember you. You will always have a place in my heart ❤️.

    Love, mia ann ❤️

    P.S

    Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us. Every day, unseen unheard but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home