Ann Janson

In Loving Memory of Ann Janson

Monday, June 12, 2006

My Mom and Geraniums



My mom liked natural unassuming things. She was proud of her hard working family background. Although, I never asked her why she favored Geraniums, I think it was their robustness, reliable blooms and unmistakable beautiful red colour. In a lot of ways I think she was a bit like a geranium, unassuming, resilient, reliable, a naturally beautiful person.

She was able to show her feelings and her love never wavered. She was always so proud of what she had produced. Her words of confidence and encouragement still echo in my mind. I pass them on to my son Leif, along with some of the patience and compassion I learned from her.

She frequently sent me newspaper clippings referencing bits of conversations we had on the telephone many weeks ago. Her dedication to loving was enormous. She never stopped helping me become successful and wise. I could never thank her enough for all the wonderful things she did for me.

I was blessed with real mom - real love, real laughter - a genuine person who sucked the meat out of the tiny lobster legs and the marrow out of bones. My goodness she loved to laugh!

I will love you always Mom
Rob